Thursday, June 15, 2017

Traveling

Tässä tulee inspiraatiota KKvintagen tänään alkavalle haasteelle 'Matkoilla'.

 Today I would like to show you a journal spread.  I am trying to acquaint myself with the large size - my usual size of work being 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.


I went for a travel theme. There is a map on the left that was partly stenciled over. I have been experimenting with dyeing my texture paste. So far it has been a hit or miss. This time I used blue mica powder and dark blue ink (yet the result looks grey).



I added an old-fashioned film camera.


I am loving ransom style lately, so I mixed several different alphabets. There is grey wood veneer, polka dot cardboard, black plastic round domes and white rub-ons. The text reads: Be in charge of your own life. I am especially in love with the round domes as they look like old typewriter keys.


Letter detail:

entering in:
Creative Artistes Mixed Media Challenge: #27 Anything goes

 Mixed media Monthly: #37 a year of choices. I chose #27: Travel


Our MixedMediaMoods May challenge

6 comments:

  1. This is fab! Love the colours and the style. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the fun of playing and experimenting, the only one that would know whether it was right or wrong is ourselves. This looks great, thanks for joining us over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good experimenting! =) Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did here! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete